Tuesday, January 13, 2009

2008

Christmas is always my favorite time of year. It’s a time when the whole world focuses on having more Christ-like love and to remember what is most important in our lives. There is so much that I am grateful for this year, as it has been a year full of fun, excitement, growth and change. We have celebrated a lot of firsts this year, with our first anniversary, our first baby, and a lot of other first mile stones.
The greatest change and blessing that has taken place for us this year would be the addition to our family of “little” Hyrum Miles Victors. He joined our family on August 9, weighing in at 11 lbs 10 oz and 22 inches long. He has been such a joy to us, and is changing every day. He is such a happy, calm, good baby. I am very grateful to report that he’s been sleeping through the night since he was a month and a half old (and believe me I’m counting my blessings about that). He is now trying solid foods and is more aware about the world around him all the time. He has the greatest laugh and the cutest smile. We could not be happier!
Miles and I had the opportunity to do quite a bit of traveling this year. At the start of the year, we were finally able to go on our honeymoon, taking a cruise down to Mexico. We took quite a few trips to Idaho to see my family. In April we were able to travel over to Massachusetts, where we met up with Miles’ parents to travel around his mission. We also took the opportunity to travel into the surrounding areas and to go to a lot of the Church History sites. It was a trip that we will never forget. We also have been able to go to Colorado to visit my parents at their new home in Grand Junction. We are now looking forward to going on a trip home to Alaska for the holidays.
Miles has been hard at work this year going to school full time, working, doing projects, and learning how to become a daddy. He is doing very well in his schooling, and only has one more year until he will be done with his bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing Engineering. He has been looking for an internship for this summer, as he will be completing his Bachelor's degree this next December. Miles had many great and creative projects this year, as he designed and built a 3-wheel car, a beautiful bed and shelves for more storage in our little apartment. I must say, I am so grateful for such a handy, creative and innovative husband. He has been working at the Home Depot this year in the garden department, and was a great addition to them. Becoming a Daddy has been a big change for Miles, but he is wonderful. He just can’t get enough cuddles, laughs, smiles and time with his son.
This year has brought a lot of changes for me. I started out the year still working at Professional Marketing International, as an office assistant, and I worked there right up until Hyrum was born. My life then drastically changed. I am now a full-time mommy, and I love every moment of it. It has been such a testimony to me that God intended for us women to be the nurturers and care givers of his children. I feel so blessed for this great opportunity. I’ve been able to be there for all the little needs of Hyrum, and also I’ve been starting to more fully develop talents that I have been blessed with.
I hope that this time of year finds all of you happy and healthy. May God be with you in all your triumphs and trials in the year to come. Merry Christmas!
With Love,
Miles, Monica and Hyrum



Here we are on one of our trips that we took this year.

Pregnancy Picture.

This was our first apartment that we lived in. It was in Orem, Utah. We moved to South Provo just a month before Hyrum was born.

Here is the trike that Miles designed and built. It may look a little raw, but that's just cause it dosen't have a body yet.

As you can see, I got to be very round at the end of my pregnancy.
August 9, 2008 12:05pm Hyrum joined our family.
Daddy Son bonding time in the hospitol.
I love this picture of the two of us.


Our little family in front of the Provo temple.

Hyrum on his blessing day. (Tux made by Grandma Rogers)
Hyrum's first Halloween. He was a monkey and we were the bannana trees.


Hyrum with his cousins Kaylee and Natalie.

Hyrum trying solids for the first time.
Our Happy litte Baby Boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment